Latest news on Climate

Technologies which are critical for decarbonising the world
Climate

Technologies which are critical for decarbonising the world

The world doesn’t yet have all the technologies it needs to halt climate change. But those which are already mature can reduce emissions by 60% by 2050. The remaining 40% will need to be achieved through emerging technologies which are still in development or yet to be discovered.

Read more >
Source: McKinsey
Decarbonisation urban environments
ClimateEnergy

Decarbonisation urban environments

The Urban Energy Pathfinder (UEP) is a tool developed by VITO/EnergyVille for helping local and regional authorities make the energy transition by integrating renewable heat into renovation plans. As a simulation tool for the built environment, it’s also useful to engineering and planning firms.

Read more >
Source: VITO
Female climate entrepreneurs are essential for climate change
ClimateGender

Female climate entrepreneurs are essential for climate change

When it comes to creating climate solutions, female entrepreneurs tend to have many attributes which make them better suited to the task than men. Yet the greentech industry has a woefully small percentage of women involved. How can this gender disparity be addressed?

Read the solutions >
Source: World Economic Forum
Iceland has world’s biggest carbon capture plant
Circular EconomyClimate

Iceland has world’s biggest carbon capture plant

The Orca plant, developed by Climeworks and Carbfix, combines carbon capture and storage technologies to permanently remove 4,000 tonnes of CO₂ from the air each year. It is a milestone for the direct air capture industry. This solution can be replicated everywhere and on ever larger scales.

Read more >
Source: Innovators Magazine
Why a nature-positive future is essential
Climate

Why a nature-positive future is essential

As the world emerges from the shock of COVID-19, Frans Timmermans, executive-president for the European Green Deal, explains why becoming nature-positive is essential to building a resilient future for all. The EU is leading efforts to get nature on the political agenda. Will the rest of the world follow?

Learn more >
Source: The Guardian
The controversial climate solution under the ocean
ClimateOceans

The controversial climate solution under the ocean

Mineral deposits on the seafloor could be used to deliver vitally needed clean energy. But their extraction could contribute to global warming and impact biodiversity. Biologists, conservationists, environmentalists, manufacturers and suppliers are grappling with a difficult paradox.

Read why >
Source: Time